Thursday, June 25, 2009

Day 3: Already!!


Good morning, parents!! Unfortunately, the internet cafe closed before we wrapped up our dinner and game activities, so we are here before breakfast trying to catch you up. Here are some pictures from our first two days!! Yesterday, we hiked up to the top of a lookout where we could see inside one of the world's largest volcanic craters. There's a lake inside that constantly emits steam, making it difficult to see clearly. We probably stood there for 20-30 minutes, but it was so worth it when it cleared up and we could see this breathtaking view! We changed up our itinerary a little yesterday so today we will be taking off to kayak at Lake Arenal, then hike down to the La Fortuna waterfall and end our day at the hot springs (our guide told us we would be needing the hot, relaxing water after our busy day). Everyone is having a great time! I will try to post more this evening, but I want to make sure you know that with two computers at the hotel (and 47 people in our group alone), the availability of the internet isn't always something to rely on. I hope to post as much as possible throughout our journey, but I just wanted to make sure you were prepared if you don't see something every day. The hotel we change to tomorrow is new, so I am unsure as to what their computer situation is. Well, we miss you all and hope you are enjoying your week as much as we are!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome pics - thanks for taking the time to do this...don't know about enjoying our week as much as you are.....:)

    ReplyDelete